Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
It is a procedure similar to gastric sleeve surgery but is nonsurgical. The entire procedure is done through the mouth via an endoscopic suturing system which doesn’t require any incision. Using this technique, size
and volume of the stomach is reduced to much less than its original
capacity because of which limited intake of food is there.
Benefits of ESG :-
• This procedure is for 50 minutes.
• After 4-5 hours of procedure, a patient starts walking and patient can be discharged within a day.
• After getting discharged from the hospital, a patient can perform normal activities from the next
• Since it is a non surgical endoscopic procedure, it leads to less pain and discomfort.
• ESG leads to signicant weight loss.
• It potentially lowers the risk of serious weight-related health problems, including: GERD, Heart
disease, Hypertension, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Type 2 Diabetes.