Dr. Vivek Bindal
MS, MRCS (Glasg), DNB, MNAMS, FNB (MAS), FACS
Head of Department, Institute of Minimal Access, Bariatric, and Robotic Surgery.
Max Super Speciality Hospitals: Vaishali, Patparganj, Noida, Mohali.
Dr. Vivek Bindal, Head of Department, Institute of Minimal Access, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery, Max Super Speciality Hospitals Vaishali and Patparganj, is one of the pioneers of Robotic, Bariatric and Abdominal Wall Reconstruction in South-East Asia.
He is fellowship trained from the University of Illinois at Chicago, USA. Thereafter, he was a faculty member in Bariatric Surgery at Duke University, NC, USA.
He has published more than 50 research papers and book chapters in international and national journals. He is the Sectional Editor of Robotic Surgery in Journal of Minimal Access Surgery as well as an Editorial board member of the prestigious Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases journal, USA.
He started the Indian chapter of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association, the USA in 2019 and serves on the executive body of CRSA international, Obesity Surgery Society of India and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. He has been invited and awarded on many international and national platforms for his work. He is a teacher in the field of Minimal Access and Robotic Surgery in various universities nationally and abroad.
- Fellowship of American College of Surgeons – FACS (2015)
- Indo US Fellowship in Robotic & Bariatric Surgery – Department of Surgery from Duke University Medical Centre (2014)
- Indo US Fellowship in Robotic GI and Bariatric Surgery – Department of Surgery from University Illinois of Chicago (2013)
- MRCS (Glasgow)) from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow (2012)
- FNB (Minimal Access Surgery) – Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, (2012)
- DNB (General Surgery) – NBE (2010)
- MS (General Surgery) – Maulana Azad Medical College (2009)
- MBBS – Maulana Azad Medical College (2004)
- Vice-Chairman-Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (2018-2021)
- Consultant – Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (2012-2018)
- Regent-Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (2019 Onwards)
- International Executive Member of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association, USA
- National Executive Member of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- National Executive Member of IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (2021)
- Sectional Editor – Robotic Surgery in Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (Pubmed Indexed, Impact Factor – 1.1)
- Editorial board member of prestigious “Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases” journal, USA (Impact Factor: 4.5)
- Teaching faculty in robotic and laparoscopic surgery at various renowned hospitals
- Teacher in National Board of Examinations for FNB (Minimal Access Surgery)
- Visiting faculty: Duke University Medical Center, USA
- Invited faculty at IRCAD, Taiwan
- Started the Indian Chapter of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (USA), the first International chapter of the organization in 2019. It has now more than 200 members.
- Appointed to the Executive Body of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association, USA
- Appointed to Executive Council of IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (2021)
- Elected to National Executive of Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI) in 2020
- Appointed Editorial Board Member of prestigious “Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases” journal, USA (Impact factor: 4.5)
- International Scholar of Surgical Education Award 2016 by American College of Surgeons, at annual congress in Washington DC, USA
- Baxiram S. & Kankuben B. Gelot International Scholar Award 2014 by American College of Surgeons, Chicago
- Winner of Golden Globe Video award in ASICON 2015, the Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India held at Gurgaon from Dec 16 – Dec 20, 2015
- Received the Times of India Healthcare Achiever Award at Taj Palace for “Excellence in Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery” on November 25, 2018
- Awarded “Best Doctor in Robotic and Bariatric Surgery” by Health Minister of Maharashtra, in 10th MT Healthcare Awards at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai on March 6, 2020 by Medgate Today
- Awarded Indian Health Professional Award for Excellence in General Surgery on Dec 23, 2017
- Performed First Bariatric Surgical Procedure of the state of Himachal Pradesh, transmitted live at Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and witnessed by Chief Minister of the state on Nov 30, 2019
- Best paper award in BPCON 2015, 25th annual conference of Indian Society of Hypertension held at ESIC Medical College, Faridabad from Nov 20-22, 2015
- Best paper award in SURGICON 2007 (Annual conference of Delhi state chapter of ASI) held at Maulana Azad Medical College in Nov 2007
- Appointed Associate Editor for Clinical Robotic Surgery Association Website
- Awarded Meghna Krishan Baveja Memorial Scholarship for best all-round performance in first professional MBBS in 200a1
- Awarded Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan Scholarship by H.P. Government in 2000 for meritorious career
- Ranked first in All India Entrance Exam for Fellowship of National Board (Minimal Access Surgery) conducted by National Board in January 2010
- Ranked first in HPPMT 2000 entrance examination
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES)
- Society of Robotic Surgery (SRS)
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)